In today's digital world, learning through technology is more prevalent than ever before. Adding to an already expanding digital space, the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic proved to be a turning point for classroom technology. It can be challenging to provide an enriching learning environment for your students in such a rapidly changing landscape. Here, we explore how charging stations and other technology can help put your students on the path to success:
How Classroom Technology Enhances the Learning Experience
If acquiring new classroom technology is new to you, allow us to walk you through its many benefits. It's important to note that how you implement these technologies is just as crucial as having access to them. By reading this list, we hope you gain a better idea of how new educational technology can benefit your school district.
- Customizable to your budget and needs: Maybe you've never explored charging stations or other technology as a solution. We can work with your budget and needs to deliver the classroom technology you need. We also help teach you how to employ these new tools to benefit students and educators.
- Backed up by science: Armed with a plethora of scientific studies and research, each of our products is proven to enhance classroom productivity. Make the best investment in your students' education today by following the data. Let the results speak for themselves!
- More than just tech gear: The landscape of educational technology is undergoing so many changes it can be difficult to sort through what's useful and what's not. That's why we strive to provide current, comprehensive information to you, so you can decide how best to help your students excel.
Clearly, the many benefits of educational technology make it a classroom must-have. However, it's essential to understand which tools can best serve your students before diving into purchasing.
Charging Stations as a Tool
One technological addition sure to be used in any classroom is a charging station. The way you use your new charging stations depends on how you distribute mobile devices to students. For instance, if you plan to have students leave their electronic devices at school, a stationary charging station for the classroom may be a good option. Alternatively, students who take devices home daily may benefit more from secure places to charge their devices while at school. Ultimately, your needs and goals determine how you will distribute devices and charging stations to your students.
Three Types of Charging Stations
There is a wide variety of choices in classroom technology, which is why it's essential to do your research to find the option(s) that work best for your students. Here are some of the most commonly used types of charging stations in schools:
- Wall charging station: When devices are meant to stay in one classroom, a fixed wall charging station is the best solution. They take up less space than a cart and typically cost less. This kind of charging station is ideal for stay-at-school devices.
- Charging carts: Carts can travel from classroom to classroom, making them ideal for distributing and collecting devices. Some carts even come with a basket design that simplifies the process even further. Teachers can easily transport the cart from room to room. When a wall charging station is not an option, carts provide a simple alternative.
- Charging towers: These towers contain individual compartments designed to charge any mobile device. Charging towers are perfect for libraries or other common spaces because they are equipped with individual, lockable compartments. They provide a secure space to charge devices, and best of all, the students can manage it themselves. Charging towers can also be used to store spare devices, so if a student forgets their laptop or is experiencing technical difficulties, there is always a spare lined up and ready to go.
These are just some of the classroom technology solutions you'll discover when you begin to explore options. Chances are your school will benefit from a strategic combination of some of these solutions. If you feel lost, don't fret. There are answers out there to help you get the educational technology your school needs quickly and efficiently.
How We Can Help
At Ward's Media Tech, we offer more than the products themselves. More importantly, we provide you with the expertise needed to parse through technological solutions. We know the struggles involved in selecting equipment, and we know the disappointment of feeling like you wasted time and money.
We never want you to feel let down. Want to learn more about our promise to stick by your side every step of the way? Discover how we can assist you in finding the perfect classroom technology. From furnishing you with cost comparisons to facilitating the delivery process, we can help you select the perfect classroom technology for your school district.